|Test Name||Grade Assessed||Assessment Window|
|Semester 1 Finals||Grades 9-12|
|ELPA 21||Identified Students|
|ITP (Iowa Testing Program)||Grades 9, 10, and 11|
|MAP||Grades 9 and 10|
|ACT Testing||Grades 11-12||For more information and to pick up a practice booklet go to the counseling office.|
|AP Testing||Grades 9-12||https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/courses/exam-dates-and-fees|
|DLM (old Alternate Assessment)||Identified Students|
|Gallup Poll||Grades 9 – 12|
|PSAT||Grade 10, 11||North Gym on Oct. 13, 2021, from 7:30-around noon.|
The Iowa Board of Regents Office and the Iowa Department of Education (IDE) continue to partner to provide each Iowa high school with a list of their respective courses that are accepted for the Regent Admission Index (RAI). Your high school’s RAI Core Course list, created using Winter Student Reporting in Iowa (SRI) data, is now available publicly through the RAI Repository website listed here: http://rai.admissions.iastate.edu
• Your school’s RAI Core Course List will be updated in mid-August of each year. The courses listed are based on the SRI course data that your school submitted to the IDE.
• The Iowa Regent universities encourage you to circulate this list widely, including placing it on your school’s website so that your students, parents and staff will all have a clear understanding as to which of your school’s courses will count toward the RAI. We hope this document will be of particular use as your students register for their courses.
• Remember, whether a course counts toward the RAI is determined by the SCED code that your school assigns to the course when you submit your data to the IDE. A table of the SCED codes which are acceptable toward the RAI can be found on the Board of Regents website atwww.regents.iowa.gov/RAI/SCED.pdf. The BOR conducts periodic reviews to ensure that assigned SCED codes match high school course descriptions.
• If you wish to request that a change be made to your school’s RAI Core Course List, please send your revisions to Phil Caffrey by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by fax (515 294-6106). For each course you wish to add to your document, please be sure to include your school’s course name, local course number, and SCED code that your school has assigned to the course.
Contact persons for this project
Board of Regents, State of Iowa:
- Diana Gonzalez, email@example.com, 515 242-6116
- Jason Pontius, firstname.lastname@example.org, 515 281-3331
Iowa Department of Education:
- Rachel Kruse, email@example.com, 515 281-4153
Iowa State University:
- Phil Caffrey, firstname.lastname@example.org, 515 294-0817