To better inform our families about schedule changes, the Dubuque Community School District will begin offering text messaging for weather-related and emergency alerts from the district. The service is offered through School Messenger, the system the district currently uses for mass email messages and automated phone calls.
HERE’S HOW TO BE SURE YOU RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES:
- On TUESDAY, FEB. 21, between approximately 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. all phone numbers on file for families and staff will receive a text message asking them to opt in.
- If your phone has SMS or text messaging capability, you will receive the initial message.
- When you receive this text, REPLY “Yes” or “Y” to confirm that you’d like to continue receiving text messages.
- That’s it! You will then receive text messages for weather and emergency alerts.
- You can opt out of these text messages at any time by replying to one of our messages with “Stop”.
PLEASE NOTE: The district will only use text messages for weather-related or emergency purposes, not for general district information. Subscribers are responsible for any applicable text messaging charges from their carrier.
This school year is now in full swing — and it all started with day one. Check out this year’s first day of school video:
The March edition of Digital Fringe, an online gallery of student art in the Dubuque Community School District, is now live!
This gallery is a way to highlight the remarkable products of art education in the district. It’s a digital attempt at bringing the work of our student artists at all levels into your home – because art is created for others to take in.
Welcome to the new Hempstead High School website. The entire site has been redesigned with you in mind — with new navigation to help you find what you are looking for easier and faster.
It will also be a great way for us to better share with you the exciting things that are happening at Hempstead. We’ll will continue adding new information as we start the school year.
So, bookmark our site (www.hempstead.dbqschools.org) and we’ll see you soon!
As a $30 million renovation of Hempstead High School comes to a close, the Dubuque Community School District will host an open house and dedication for the addition on Saturday, Oct. 3.
The event will begin with a dedication ceremony at 10 a.m. in the school’s new auditorium, followed by an opportunity for guests to explore the new facilities until noon. The dedication and open house are open to the public and all are invited to attend.